Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Job (or no Job)

As some of you may know, I had a job interview last Friday. It was good to refresh my interview skills-it has been almost seven years. However, it was not the job for me. It also made me stop and think if this was the "right" time for me to get a job.

Kendall is in school 5 days a week, but only until 11:30. Lily goes to school 3 days a week. So, there is the detail of fulltime childcare. I've also planned our trip home to TN this summer & it's going to be for almost six weeks. That doesn't really work when you have a job.

So, I've decided I'm not going to actively search for a job right now. If an opportunity presents itself I'm certainly open, but I'm not going to be searching the internet. I do plan on resuming my search in August when Lily will be in school five days a week and Kendall will be in Kindergarten. Right now God is providing just what we need. I personally think this also accounts for my new interest in cooking. It certainly helps save money to cook dinner and have the leftovers for lunch the next day.

House Update: We heard from our realtor today and he told us to expect an offer. Well, it's 12:35 a.m. in TN and still no offer. I'm praying that the buyers haven't changed thier mind or something isn't hindering their decision. While we are getting by with a mortgage and rent, it sure would be nice to sell our house in TN and be done with that burden.


No comments:

Post a Comment