After Chris left Chattanooga, I spent those few days getting ready for the movers to come. The packers came one day and then the loaders came the next. The day they loaded everything was hard, not only because they were loading my life on that truck, but the devil was working hard to stop God's plans for us in Vegas. The movers showed up 2 hours before expected (7am vs. 9am) - needless to say I was not ready, the girls were not ready & I, obviously, had not gotten them out of the house (they were to spend the day with Chris' mom). After that was squared away, one of the movers came in & said my air conditioning unit was smoking. I turned it off & went outside to the distinct smell of smoke. Really?!? So, I called a repair man because I could not leave our house vacant, with no heat in freezing weather. Talk about a disaster waiting to happen. Then what I was told would take 6 hours took more like 10. Thank goodness for wonderful friends who checked in & even came over and spent the afternoon just keeping me company. Once the truck (& my car) were loaded I picked the girls up and we hit the road for a 3 hour ride to my parents in Johnson City. That's where we spent the weekend.
Look how little Lily is next to our huge moving truck!
The girls & I flew all by ourselves on Monday, January 9th. This was the girls 1st flight and to stay I was nervous doing it alone was an understatement. I came prepared with snacks, movies, games, toys, enough to last for a car ride to Vegas. In fact, I packed so many snacks Lily got sick & threw up on the flight. Luckily it wasn't too bad. The girls did great and only started wearing out towards the end of the 4+ hour flight. Praise the Lord!
We spent our first week in a hotel room waiting for the moving truck to arrive. It arrived that Friday & boy, was that overwhelming. The house we're leasing is a decent size, but houses are just different here. Certainly not as much storage space as we were used to. Luckily there's a garage & we're putting it to good use.
Kendall started school the Thursday before our moving truck arrived. She seems to be enjoying it and warming up to her new friends and teachers. She's always been an observer, so I anticipate it taking her a little bit to be comfortable like she was at BCA.
Lily and I have been trying to adjust to staying at home, but to be quite honest, that hasn't been going as well as I pictured in my head. Lily is lonely without Kendall or her friends from school. I can't seem to get much done because all Lily wants me to do is play with her or hang (literally) on my leg. So, I found her a wonderful program three days a week at a baptist church a few miles from our house. She started this week and seems to be enjoying it. She certainly came home tired after her first day.
I've made a goal to do something with someone new at least once a week. I met a lady from church, her two kids and a child she watched during the day at the park yesterday. The kids seemed to have fun (although at this age it's more playing beside each other) and me and the other mom got to talk some, in between chasing after 5 kids (combined). I've also gone to the church's MOPS group once & plan on going again this week.
I've got a few posts to catch-up on including my trip to Phoenix to see old college friends and about being a SAHM. I'll try to do better - I promise.

No comments:
Post a Comment