Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Comfortable

I’ve come to realize that I was very comfortable in my life in Tennessee. I had a job I loved, life-long friends, family nearby, the kids were in great schools with loving teachers, amazing babysitters for our weekly date night, etc. I’ve also come to realize that when I was comfortable I rarely went to God in pray (or praise). I would complain to a friend, be impatient with my children, nag my husband, but not really go to God with what was bothering or upsetting me.
I certainly do not have that level of comfort in Vegas. Granted, I am meeting new friends, I’m learning to love my new job (not working outside the home), the kids are in great schools here with loving teachers, we’re finding new babysitters for the rare date night, etc. I’ve also gone to God a lot more in the last four months than I probably ever did in the last 14 years. (Wow that is really hard to admit.)

I’m finding I have insecurities about who likes me, am I doing ok as a mom, comparing my body to others and other such things that I know are worldly issues and things I should not be concerned about. Don’t get me wrong-
·        I want people to like me, but if they don’t it’s not a reflection on me.
·        I want to be the best mom to my kids that I can be, but that means being the best for MY kids and not comparing myself to other moms.
·        I want to be healthy, feel good about myself and look good for my husband, but I have to remember I will never be a “skinny super-model”.

Remembering to go to God is still something I have to work at daily, but when you feel like you don’t have anyone else to go to it sure is a lot easier to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment