These are the lovely ladies (minus two) that I've gotten to work with for the last 6 1/2 years.
Today was my last day at work and it hit me - I've haven't gone without working (for a paycheck) since I was 20 years old. I wonder how working as a SAHM and not getting a paycheck will feel? But for now I want to share how wonderful my last 6 1/2 years at work were.
I was blessed to work with 10-14 women throughout the last few years. We shared a lot of great experiences and some difficult times. When I started working there I was a newlywed (one year of marriage). I've gone through 2 pregnancies, 6 concerts, 7 Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) months, 100's of CAP presentations, 1000's of emails and endless memories. I've made lifelong friends. I've grown personally and professionally, in ways I could have never imagined.
Not many people can say they enjoy going to their job everyday, but I did. I loved what I did and what I did usually changed each year (which was awesome).
Last year when I approached my boss about going part-time she said they would give it a try. It was a great fit & I was glad to stay on at work and be able to spend more time with my family. Today she mentioned how looking back on it going part-time was really preparing them for me to leave. You see, I've spent the last year training someone else do to major parts of my job that I no longer had time to do when I went part-time. There's no way I could have left as easily if I were still working full-time, because no one would have been trained to do it. It's amazing how God works for days, months & even years before we ever know His plan.
Other News...
Chris left Monday for his journey to Vegas. He stopped in Little Rock last night. He's in Amarillo, TX tonight and has been enjoying some Food Network restaurant stops along the way. At least it gives him something to look forward to on his four day trip across the country alone.
Thanks for all your prayers. We continue to pray for our house to sell so me & the girls can get out there with Chris!
~Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment