SAHM-Stay at Home Mom. That is exactly what I'm about to me & I'm scared to death. Honestly, I've always been a little bit jealous of moms who were able to stay home with their kids and liked it, because you see, I've always thought I would loose my mind. Well, now my time has come. I'm going to be a "single" (per se) SAHM mom starting next Friday. OMGoodness! I know, I know, moms do this all the time, but I'm super nervous because I've never been a SAHM and my kids have never been SAHK (stay-at-home-kids).
Chris leaves for Las Vegas on the Monday the14th. My last day of work is Tuesday the 15th. And the girls are done with school on Friday the 18th. WOW! What a week! When I originally turned in my resignation & notified the girls' schools I thought/hoped/prayed we would all be moving together. Well, that just hasn't turned out to be the case.
Our new plan is that I will stay in Chattanooga with the girls until at least after Christmas, Chris will get a one-way ticket home after Christmas (you can't really take off Christmas Day when you work for a church), we will celebrate together once he gets back to Chattanooga and then we will all drive out to Vegas together. Of course, this all hinges on the sell of our home (and that's for another post).
I've really enjoyed the "thankful" posts on facebook that started in November. I sometimes find facebook to be a place I go to vent or post my frustrations. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to be more positive and remember those wonderful blessings God has given us. It's amazing how quickly I can think of things that frustrate me and how challenging it can be to remember the things I'm thankful for.
As always we appreciate & covet your prayers. Our specific prayer requests are:
- that Chris' last week in Chattanooga will be a fun, relaxing time spent with family & friends
- for the people who will buy our house - that whatever is blocking their path is removed
- for Kristin and Chris to have a peace & calmness about him leaving
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and
lean not on your own understanding!
Proverbs 3:5



Kristen I am sure this is a stressful and anxious time for all of you. Remember, 1. This too shall pass. 2. God has plans for you. 3. Being a SAHM is an amazing and awesome experience. Enjoy the days you have together, the girls will be little for such a short time. Also, know that while you and Chris are separated, physically, by the miles between you.... God has joined your hearts and souls and no distance can separate the bond you have. Praying peace on your family.
ReplyDeleteAlina