About a month ago, Faith Community Lutheran Church (Faith), contacted Chris about a Family Ministry position that they were ready to create. Now, this church is not just down the road or even a few hours away - it's in Las Vegas. Yes, Las Vegas!! When Chris asked me about it I told him "Sure. Why not? We have nothing to lose by finding out more." Right?!?
Faith brought us out to visit at the end of August, which just happened to be the hottest week of the year out there (but hey, it's a "dry heat"). We had an amazing visit. It was crammed full with meeting people, seeing things & eating lots of food. We left feeling like this was where God wanted us, but was it where we wanted us.
I'll be honest, I laid out several "challenges" for God during this process. I wanted Him to show me signs that this was what he wanted.
- God, if you want us in Vegas you will let Chris' phone interview go great (they offered to fly us out before he hung up from his 1st interview) - check.
- God, if you want us in Vegas you will make our visit to Vegas fun and let us meet nice people - check.
- God, if you want us in Vegas they will offer Chris the job - check.
- God, if you want us in Vegas Faith will offer this much money - check.
So, I guess you've figured it out - We are moving to Las Vegas!
We anticipate being in Las Vegas by Thanksgiving. Chris may go sooner. Faith has offered to provide temporary housing for Chris and to fly him back to Tennessee until we sell our house and can all be together. We're praying about that.
This process has made me stronger in my faith, more than anything else I've ever been through. I have prayed more than ever. God has shown Himself to me more than I've ever witnessed before. It has been an awesome experience.
I do have some specific prayer requests that I would like to ask that you remember in your prayers:
- continued peace for me, Chris, Kendall & Lily, our parents, Good Shepherd Lutheran, Faith
- a quick, fair sell of our home (we just want to walk away even)

As I sit here, reading your wonderful message :) tears are streaming down my face. The tears are not only for what we all will lose, but they are also for the faith (you all have gained) in this endeavor :)
ReplyDeleteWe love you!! We wish you the BEST that our AMAZING GOD has to offer! We can not wait to "keep up"! Oh, and we've never been to Las Vegas :) :) ROAD TRIP :)
In HIM, and with lots' of hugs! The Ernie Meyer family
Obedient hearts reap great rewards!!! What an Amazing adventure God is taking you on!! Praying for you, Chris, Kendall, and Lily!!
ReplyDeleteI know that God has great plans for ALL of you!
Love you all lots!
Keep on walking in Faith!
Mindy