Thank you for all your kind words and prayers! We have been so blessed throughout this entire process and continue to be so by your support.
We told our Good Shepherd family this past Sunday that we had accepted the call to Nevada and that Chris would be wrapping up his current ministry over the next few weeks. His last day of work at GSLC will be towards the end of October. Then he's planning on taking a couple weeks of vacation to spend with friends & family and enjoy those "last" Chattanooga experiences (fishing, camping, eating sushi and whatever else he can get into). I know we'll get to have plenty of new experiences in Vegas, but we certainly want to enjoy the wonderful things we love about Chattanooga.
I turned in my resignation this past Monday. My last day at the Children's Advocacy Center of Hamilton County will be Tuesday, November 15th. We have our "A Song for the Children" concert, featuring Vince Gill, on Friday, November 11, so that will be be my last big event. I LOVE where I work & I've been there over six years. I have grown & learned so much there. I've also made some amazing friendships. We're a small staff of all women. We've experienced births, deaths, weddings & much more. I will miss being a part of the CACHC.
As of right now, we expect Chris to be in Vegas before Thanksgiving. When the rest of us get out there depends on the sell of our house.
I will say that I've talked more about God's blessings in my life more than I ever have before and I think the devil is a little mad about that. He's been working to bring me down or do little things to take my attention away from the awesome things God is doing in our life. I know some of the things I might list you would call "normal life problems", but I truly believe the devil is trying to slow me down. Not gonna happen!
Specific Prayer Requests - prayer for the quick sell of our home. (Realtor took pictures today, should be listed this week.) Also, prayer that I will have a peace about how the girls will adjust, especially Kendall. (I'm struggling with trusting that she will meet new friends, not be too anxious, overcome her shyness. I know she will be fine, but it's hard as a mom to think about the "what-ifs" when it comes to my girls.)

No comments:
Post a Comment